Monday, November 23, 2009

Overcome.......

o*ver*come....verb........1.  to defeat; conquer.  2. to surmount; prevail over 3. to over-power, as with emotion

Sunday Gregg had the opportunity to preach while Pastor Roger was away in NY hunting with his family.  He had been preaching on the subject of "Overcoming" and Gregg picked up right where he had left off.  IN A POWERFUL WAY.....

We have many obsticles in life we have to over come.....some are big, some are tiny, some are life threating, some are not....some are marriage threatening, while others seems trivial and almost laughable....while others are not. 

I have finally overcome this issue of my weight, Gregg acknowledged it in his sermon and made me feel so proud that he's proud and noticed my success....I was happy for the moment, then my heart turned inward and remembered a dear friend of mine who is struggling to overcome marital issues in her life.

I wish I could fix it for them, I wish I could help them overcome this troubling time in their marriage, I'm just a wanna be fixer-upper but I can't.  I can pray for them, it's the best thing I can offer them at this time.  I just hate that my friends are struggling....I pray that they can overcome, that God can guide them and provide an end to this struggling they are enduring....

My happiness and joy at my overcoming has to take a backseat right now while I help my friend get through her situation, I hope that at the end of this path that they are on they can and will feel like an overcomer too.

God is that able, that loving, that merciful to help anyone in any situation overcome....even my friends.  Please keep them in your prayers that they too can feel the victory of overcoming...... to defeat and conquer, to surmount and prevail over, to over-power this time in their life, their marriage is worth it, their family is worth it and I hope they know that there are those of us out here praying for them and who love them dearly.

1 comment: